Renaissance Salon & Spa
Renaissance Spa is located in a renovated farmhouse originally built in 1920 located off the Broadway Extension just south of Edmond. It was originally home to at least two families, the last of whom was a Judge Black. The house was closer to Broadway when originally built but when the highway was put in, the story goes that the judge took the money offered by the city and moved the house back a couple hundred feet, tore off the front porch and bought his wife a suite of living room furniture! The house was sold in 1973 and then became home to a typewriter business and to an architect, among others. It was eventually put up for auction in the 1990’s and was bought by a couple who reopened it as the 1910 Bed & Breakfast.
We bought the property in 2000, renovated it with much blood, sweat and tears (from our contractor!), and opened January 15, 2001. We did not have a parking lot because the combination of rain, snow and cold prevented asphalt from being laid, so the contractor came out frequently to drop loads of gravel so our clients wouldn’t sink into the mud! There was no landscaping to speak of and it looked pretty bleak. A big thank you to all the people who stopped by to check us out back then; it was kind of scary.